Friday, May 22, 2009

Laos I love your nature

I guess you all know by now that I am a fan of nature, this is not by chance that I dream to go to Mongolia one day.
I have been spoiled in Laos because the landscapes are really beautiful and as long as not all the forests are cut we can still enjoy them.
There are three places where I could have easily stayed a week:
Dondet along the Mekong with the bungalow one the river, the hammock and the kids playing in the water

Tad Lo for its quietness, its green everywhere, the porch in front of the bungalow perfect to play cards or read

and Nong Khiaw just because it was stunningly beautiful.



From Nong Khiaw I took a couple of boats northwards to Phongsali and they have been more than worth the hard sitting on the wood.
When I thought I had seen already enough and just started my way out of the country the road from Phongsali showed some amazing landscapes with morning clouds in the valley

And that reminds me the unusual lights and rainbows from Champasak on the Mekong valley that followed two impressive waterfalls on the same day.

Finally I want to mention two special places:
The waterfall near Luang Prabang is simply the most beautiful I have seen so far


the lake in ?? (sorry forgot the name) had such an amazing colour that it was worth all the motorbikes scares I had to go there.

All in all, this sums up probably to 20 out of the 28 days I have spent in Laos, just to explain why I am was so happy to wake up early everyday (ok, my cokerel friends helped me also) and simply be outside.

Just before finishing you will tell me why don't you mention the famous Luang Prabang? Well, simply because that is true LP is nice (check picstures x to x in album) but this is too touristy for me and also to clean, and finally because I have been templed out after Angkor.

3 comments:

Elodie said...

Ok, you convinced me Benj: it looks awesome! :-) Enjoy!!!!

Clairette said...

wow the colour of that lake is amazing.
In Argentina the glaciar lakes also had such intense colours...but it was due to the glaciers...what about here ???

Luiza said...

I just feel like quiting my job right now, taking the first plane and flying over there! Sooooo beautiful! What a fantastic experience to see it with your own eyes, wow. No one can take this one away from you, ever.