Friday, May 01, 2009

Anniversaire avant l heure

Today is labor day but traveling is not really about resting especially when we (Sergi y Rebeca that I travel with since a week) had decided to ride 180 kms with the motorbike so we were outside at 7 am.
The menu of the day was a waterfalls in the morning and then temples for the afternoon. I was not really so comfortable to ride so much since it is only the second time that I ride a motorbike. Even was super-ego agreed with me since I dreamt last night that I arrived at a scene of a car crash where 7 people died (don't ask me why my brain produced this I have no idea except that it meant be careful) last but luckily roads in Laos are "good" quality. What was not welcome were the showers that confirm that we have entered the rainy seasons. I got soaked a couple of time today and sometimes the rain felt like hail and slapped the face.
Despite this I had a fantastic day, I saw some stunning waterfalls, some wonderful views of the Mekong...

I really enjoyed riding and cherry on the cake I had a birthday cake from Sergi y Rebeca before they took off to Ventiane in the VIP night bus.


This day sums up pretty well what I live for almost two months now:
1) Do unusual things that I would probably not dare to try at home,
2) Visit some beautiful sites and soak beautiful sceneries,
3) Meet some great people from all over the world and knowing I will see them again.

This was my birthday one day in advance.

Tomorrow, I will be in a bus most of the day to go to Tha Khaek, where few travelers go but where a I expect to trek a couple of days and probably ride a motorbike again.

2 comments:

Staf and Desh said...

Happy belated Birthday Ben!
Sorry about the long Bangkok post - it just dribbled out.. if you thought it was long reading - you should have seen how long it took to write. Enjoying your blog too - maybe stay at the recommended place in Bangkok in our comments. Bangkok is cool- just keep your wits about you. we are in North Thailand.. so will not be in Laos sorry.
All the best - us

Rebeca y Sergi said...

Hi Ben. Finally we can!!!We are followers of yours adventures. WE hope meet you in any place of this world. All good things for you!!!. See you!!!