Thursday, May 28, 2009

Diving is AWESOME

Yesterday I have just finished my Padi, the diving certifcate that allows me to do recreational diving down to 18 meters. I remember talking about it a few years ago with some divers and they were really enthusiastic about it and I understand why.

Diving is really really nice, you have so much freedom to go up and down simply using your breathing (ok, the good divers do like that, me as a baby diver I bum a couple of meters up and down each time) look at the fish, feel the streams or simply enjoy being underwater. Somehow it is like flying under the water. And breating under water is not that difficult, you get used to it after 20 minutes, it is funny how we adapt quickly.

I did it in Koh Tao, the learning center for most divers in Thailand. My padi family was made up of Sam and Pia (Padi uncle and aunt) and Erica my great buddy (100% at the test!!) because you always dive in pairs and look after each other.

Tomorrow I will dive again to 30 meters and I really look forward to diving again and again in the other countries I will visit (Cairns to start with in July).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Benj!!
That look super difficult!!I wish i was able to do that too!

BTW, the thing that is studing for the exam looks quite dirty! Nice!