Monday, November 08, 2010

Bolivia, difficult start / Pas trop de bol en Bolivie

My first days in Bolivia have been difficult. You know about the drunk people in Sorrata and on top of that I got an inflammation of teh articulation of the jaw. It happened because I extracted a wisdom tooth just before leaving Peru for the cheapest price ever (7 euros) but for such a price it was not made with the sweetest delicacy.. Because of that I had to stay 10 days in La Paz instead of the 3 days I was planning. Next to the fact that it is really painful, I could not open my mouth (to date I still have not fully recovered) and eating had become really annoying as it would take me 4 times longer to eat half of what I am used to. Luckily for me I was with Aurore otherwise these 10 days would have felt much more difficult. My biggest fear of traveler is to be ill at a moment I am alone. Although I had my share of diseases in this trip just once I had one when I was alone (in Cuenca, Ecuador).

But now I am on the road again, I must say I love it. Sucre was really relaxed and beautiful, Potosi was intersting, the salar de Uyuni brought me nature as I love it and I have been again in contacts with the travelers community which is something I missed during my time in Cusco.

No comments: