Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Travellers, get your backpack!!!

Next to my impressions about Vietnam I met so many travellers that I cannot help thinking about you all back in Europe who told me you would like to travel. Here are a couple of people i met:
-An American couple who were on the road for 17 months and had visited 28 countries,
-A kiwi couple touring South East Asia for a couple of months before heading to live in Berlin,
-A mother where her own parents (age: 60) backpacking a couple of weeks in Vietnam,
-A Belgian couple with their 13 months (Caludine/Tom c est pour vous!!) touring South East Asia before visiting Eastern Europe with a van.

And so many solo travellers (ranging from 20 to 60) doing the South East package (Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam), or adding India/Nepal to it. And many of them having actually quit their job.

The point of this is not make you quit yours but just to confirm that travelling many months has nothing exceptional and that if you really want it, it can certainly happen :-)

I hope I have convinced a few undecided.

2 comments:

Clairette said...

Don't tempt me ;)

(by the way I like the 'Where am I now?' part on the blog).

Take care Benj!

DJ said...

hey Ben!

I finally had some time to check your site... Man, it sounds great. Great adventures, new impressions, I'm so jealous...

Overhere things are quite ok. We finally won our first game. Although it was a 3-2 game, we were still very happy with it.

And last saturday we had a VVA party, theme: Trailer Trash. It was great! Have a look at the website...

Enjoy your trip!
DJ