Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Colombia the next adventure

A few days ago I started what I think will be my last big adventure and that is 4,300 kms from Santiago and I´d say 7,000 from the most Southern point I have been to.


Ver Road to Colombia en un mapa más grande


As many of you know already I have decided to go to Colombia. Be assured I did not become crazy, candid or bllind. I know where I go to, I know it is more dangerous than some other countries but I also know that there are not too many tourists, that there is a tourist trail reasonably safe and that it is marvellous and it is now that the people will be genuinely happy to see tourists and not when mass tourism has hit the country. Furthermore I just feel I am ready to get there and if something wrong would happen it is really likely to be robbery which is annoying but just a material problem at the end.



So my journey will take me first to Peru (where I had to postpone Maccu Pichu because of floods there and I will visit it on my way back) along the coast, Ecuador and Colombia. When I come back I'll visit Peru, Bolivia, the North of Argentina and maybe Uruguay to finally drop by a last time in Santiago and then I guess it will be time to come back to Europe which at the moment seems to be around early summer time.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

lovely!

A

lesfleurs said...

Benjamin. It took me some time to realise that this is you on the picture. You realy start to look like a real mountain climber. Well done.