Sunday, November 08, 2009

Southern Island c est deja fini.

Tomorrow in Noumea it is now time to speak a bit about the wonderful time I had in the Southern Island of New Zealand. And I could have easily stayed 3 more weeks because there are many places I did not have time to visit.
target="_blank"
A bit like Laos I love here the incredible scenery (the best I have ever seen) with the concentration of lakes, peaks with snow, the sea not far, ferns everywhere and nature just nature.
To show you why here are a few panoramic videos I made:
in Akaroa: one side the sea and on the other one a lake.
In Arthur's Pass, views from the top and from the bottom
Lake Wanaka and my first rays of sunshine 3 weeks ago
Te Anau and its lake after a frantic hike







I did my multi-day trek in the Abel Tasman NP. 3 days and 38 kms with my backpack (quite heavy at the start and getting lighter as I was eating). I was with Jonathan and Sandra who made me revised my quebecois. We survived an early passing of a freezing river, the snorring of an old lady in the hut (reminds me some nights at my grand parents house when I was young), the sand-flies for a really nice trek.

As you can see I'm growing a beard (no idea when I will shave ot trim it). There are three weeks between the first and the last picture.

Finally after a break in Australia I found it really easy to backpack again. I met many people and finally traveled only 2 days solo. I enjoyed it a lot and if you like wild nature I would recommend anyone to go one day in NZ. Read the article about the hitch-hiking to see how I met many people.


In 2 weeks I'll visit the Nothern Island and there will be a great moment with a rugby game between France and the All Blacks (in France) that I will undoubtedly go and watch in a bar (I can't wait).

3 comments:

Max le Lao said...

C'est beau!!!!!
Belle barbe, on dirait un big foot

Anonymous said...

do one of the two things!!!

Alberto

Jonathan said...

C'était super sympa de faire un bout de chemin ensemble! Si tu repasses sur l'île du sud tu es le bienvenu à Accents! :) Ta serviette t'attend!

Sinon on se croise bientôt sur Terre!

Ciao mate!

Jo