Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Te Anau, Ti amo

I will start with a small anedocte to explain why I knew I would love NZ. When Alberto wants to convince me to go to any place, he usually says the following: "Benj, we should go there, this is super good, there are blabla... and there is even a park there!!!!!" Well, for me NZ and especially the Southern Island is a place with only parks!!!


I arrived 4 days ago and I am already in love with the country, this is the most stunning nature I have ever seen.


After a ahort day in Queenstown where I'll be back in 2 weeks, I went to Te Anau, a place famous because it is on the road to the Milford Sound, one of the highlights of the Southern Island. I did not go there but to another one called Doubtful Sound because there are less tourists and it is deemed to be even more beautiful. Before getting there I did a half-day trek on a famous track and I saw some astonishing views of the lake that was my site of the night. Check the photos here as well as the video (for my parents so it's in French) I did and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.


Today I arrived in Wanaka on a clear sunny day and to be honest I got once again amazed by the beauty of the landscapes. See the video and the pictures and hope you enjoy it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hee Ben,

Found a months old mailtje! great photo´s. And the video!
Greetings from amsterdam!

Alex