Thursday, June 18, 2009

Off to Japan

A quick update to post pictures of Thailand, its magnificent beaches and all (check links on the right hand side of the blog)

Tomorrow I fly to Japan and I will spend the coming 3.5 weeks there.

Needless to say that I am really excited about it and I really want to maximise my time there without just ticking things done.
I intend to visit Tokyo, Kyoto, Nara, Okayama, Kurashiki, Himeji, Hiroshima, Miyajima, Nagasaki, Kanazawa, the Kiso valley, Obuse and the Nozawa onsen. These names do not ring a bell to you, no worries most of them did not to me until I bought my guide book, a 1,000 pages thick book that has eaten most of my reading time lately. Also on my list are the Japanese pop culture, gardens, shrines, tea ceremony, shushis, maid cafes, games culture, arts, onsen (Japanese hot springs) and many more; so much that I wish I would not need to sleep.

I'll probably be silent on the blog but once I hit Australia (where I really want to work especially since I realised I got robbed in Thailand by some very gifted thieves) I will make a thorough update about the "cherry on the cake" of my round the world trip.

No comments: