Monday, July 19, 2010

Trekking spree

In the last month and a half I have spent 17 days doing multi-days trekking because this is the activity I like most Huayhash, Choquequirao and Ausangate all brought me wonderful moments in the nature.



I know there are many reasons to wonder why I love it:
It´s freezing cold at night (-10/-15 degrees in Ausangate) and when it´s not cold mosquitoes see me as fresh meat for their meal,
Usually it´s almost impossible to have a shower except if you like showering in water less than 10 degrees (I hear some of you saying, whatever, you´re French you almost never shower anyway!!!),
Average food feels like a treat to your mouth (I love puree), and
as soon as the sun is down you feel the only place you could be comfortable in is your sleeping bag.

But I love the absolute silence when at times even the wind stays quiet, I love the panoramic views that come as a reward after ascents, I love drinking water from stream, seeing wild animals/birds, small stone/wooden houses in huge spaces, stars at night in the sky or the moon highlighting the snow of the highest peaks.



And because I love trekking so much I decided to try to do a lot before the end of my trip. Because, yes, this time I can say it with more or less certainty that I will be home for Christmas (maman, tant que je n´aurais pas achete mon billet et posé le pied en France ça peut encore changer mais cette fois cést sur à 95% que j´ai une date de retour) so I want to enjoy my last 5 months of travel.

Then it will be time for me to come back to reality and this will probably mean for me a few months between France and the Netherlands before trying my luck probably in Chile or Colombia (but this can change) finding a job and living a few years outside Europe.

But before this I really wanna see more landscapes because Bolivia and the North of Argentina are said to be full of beauties. And I feel like going again to Patagonia. I saw it in summer and I would love to see it in Spring. y only fear is that if I get there I will never be back in 2010.....

No comments: