Saturday, May 29, 2010

Colombia como te quierro

It happened again it almost strats to be boring: I fell in love with a country I visited. 7 weeks in Colombia 3 more than the 4 I was planning first to spend in this country. And it´s gone really fast. Why? Mostly because Colombian people are so nice.

The best instances are Bogota and Medellin. These two big cities are nice but do not have incredible touristic attractions. My time there has been amazing because the friends of friends we met gave us so such a warm welcome, made us taste local food and took us to real Colombian places.


In Medellin we went to a Colombian bar where everybody danced including me, sat in the street and drunk beers like the students, tried typical païsa food (païsa = from the region of Medellin) and our friend cooked for us.

Views of a water reserve near Medellin and of the river crossing the city (with lights systems for night time)

In Bogota I met many Colombians introducing me to Colombian politics and the coming presidential election, spent an afternoon with 7/10 years old school kids met in the street, went to cafes on the hills of the city with a beautiful view, had a typical Bogotan sunday visiting a salt cathedral and having a desert at the local milk factory and got invited at a local farm for a birthday party.

The school kids and the girls I played with at the birthday party

I have now one embassador in each city because without them I would simply have been one more gringo sticking to the gringo trail and I am really grateful to Andrea and Carolina for what they did.


My ambassadors: Andrea (left) and Carolina (left as well)

I met also really nice Colombians in Cali, Tierradentro, Villa de Leyva and San Gil, basically in almost all places I have been to.
One funny thing about Colombia is that i´s the country where I spoke most French with locals. Many Colombians know French because they have been studying there.

No comments: